What is International Students Scholarship at the Gothenburg University 2020 all about
Announcement has been made for scholarship application for international students wishing to be admitted in a PhD programme in Political Science at the University of Gothenburg for 2020 academic session. Areas of specialization of the school in research are elections, democracy, corruption, governance, globalisation, environmental politics and European studies and more.
Why apply for International Students Scholarship at the Gothenburg University 2020
The Department of Political Science at Gothenburg University is currently looking for unique and highly motivated individuals to apply for the Ph. D programme in Political Science. This Scholarship will enable the candidate acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be able to conduct research autonomously in Political Science as a field and to contribute to the advancement of knowledge within the discipline through the production of a well structured scholar thesis.
You may also like The Wilfried Martens funding for International Students in Belgium, 2020
Brief description of the scholarship
- Host: University of Gothenburg
- Country: Sweden
- Awards: Fully Funded
- Level: Doctoral (PhD)
Subject: PhD in Political Science
Country: International students
For you to be eligible for the International Students Scholarship at the Gothenburg University, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have completed a Master’s Degree with good grades in the field of Political Science
- You must know that the scholarships is very competitive and will be given based on academic merit.
- You that have acquired largely equivalent knowledge in Sweden or abroad will also be considered to meet the specific entry requirements.
- Not a must requirement though, successful applicants are encouraged to acquire competency in the Swedish language in other to be able to participate actively in seminars and other activities at the Department within a two-year period.
How to apply: Aspirants are to apply online electronically by visiting the official application webpage and include the following in their application;
- Introductory letter of not more than of 1000-words consisting of four paragraphs to include, short presentation of the applicant’s self; short presentation of applicant’s merits; short presentation of the intended research project and also short account for why the Department of Political Science and/or the doctoral studies programme is of interest to the applicant following the order listed above.
- Applicant’s CV with a list of publications.
- A written sample either a master’s thesis or another paper, article or book chapter. The text must be submitted in Swedish or English. Any translated versions must be accompanied by the original text and translated in their entirety.
- A description of the intended research project indicating the applicant’s research interests and planned focus area of his/her thesis and research. The project description must demonstrate familiarity with previous and current research as well as an ability to formulate scientific problems which will be maximum of 2500 words including abstract, excluding bibliography.
- Verified copies of academic transcripts and evidence of other relevant qualifications, if applicable.
- Applicants may also be asked to provide letters of recommendation later on in the application process.
People also apply for 10+low tuition fees universities in Canada
Application Deadline: 4th February, 2020
Fot more information please Visit the Official Webpage